Author Topic: Contest 35S or Contest 36S ?  (Read 854 times)

Offline twr51

Contest 35S or Contest 36S ?
« on: 13 December, 2018, 19:30:08 »
I have just joined this owners club so please forgive me for my inexperience of contest yachts. I have just sold my Amel 54 (too big for med cruising) and I am looking to buy something much cheaper in the 34/38 foot range which I can easily single hand and which will take me into my old age. She will only be used for coastal cruising, primarily in the Med., with occasional longer passages of 2/3 days. Shoal draft would be useful if I decide to take her through the french canals. I have long admired Contest build quality so an older boat does not worry me. I am looking at a 35S or a 36S. I would be most grateful for members views on which Contest best meets my needs. I would add that I am a big fan of the solent rig......a 90% working jib on a furler, with a bigger genoa on separate furler for light wind work. This will mean that I will add an extra masthead forestay to whatever I buy.

Thank you all in advance.

Offline Paul Doorenbosch

Re: Contest 35S or Contest 36S ?
« Reply #1 on: 15 January, 2019, 11:00:29 »
Hello,
Just to let you know my Contest 35S (1991) is available for sale as I am looking for a bigger ship. We are sailing quite some distances mostly France and England and need a bit more space. We sailed the Guillermina since 2007. She is is a fantasic ship. Always felt safe. And with good speed under sail. 6 to 7 knots when heading to windward is normal at 15-20 knots wind. Bft 5 is the standard at sea, and we don't need a reef in these circumstances. She is in a perfect condition. Always maintained by Contest MYS and in the winter stored in the heated hall. Where she is know. If you are interested, let me know and I can provide you with details. You are moving from big to small. Something to talk about. Send me a mail at padobo@live.com

BJSoft